Me and Ralph just recently came back from our Singapore-Malaysia trip and while organising my travel keepsakes, I noticed that my instax photos were already piling up on my desk so i decided to take action and think of how can I put them into good use and yes after searching for a while on pinterest, I came up with an idea of putting them on my wall near my workstation. You can click here for more ideas on pinterest to give you more inspiration.
Here’s what you will need:
- Board or anything where you want to paste your instax or polaroid photos. You can use a cork board or black board but since I don’t have any I used a styro foam that i got from my recently bought fridge. Talk about recycling. 🙂
- Black Paint or Black Markers
- Your Photos / Polaroids / Instax
- Double sided tape or Pins
- Your favorite travel / memory quote and a printer. (this will act as a header of your memory wall)
– if you’re good with calligraphy you can just take a white paint and write directly on your wall but since I’m not, I used illustrator and typed my favorite quote using the font Syabab. You can download the font here and you can download my illustrator file here.
Since this is very easy and pretty much self-explanatory (lol i’m too lazy), just go ahead and print your quote file then cut it using your scissors obviously. By the way, my illustrator file perfectly fits a 45 cm width board. Also, since my styrofoam is white in color, I had to paint it in black.
After cutting your quote, glue it to your board and make sure it doesn’t eat too much space. After that you can start placing your photos. For me the more random it is, the better. I initially used double sided tape to place it but after quite some time it keeps on falling off so I had to pin it using a bobby pin to make sure it’s more secured. Pins worked perfectly since I used a styro foam. It will also work perfectly with cork boards. Then voila, you have your own memory wall!
Whenever I sit on my desk and feel the need to be inspired while working, I just look at my memory wall and it instantly reminds me why I need to work hard. it’s because I want to travel more, go on an adventure and do more fun stuff.
I’ll always look back on this and smile because it was LIFE and I decided to live it.