First and foremost I would like to say that i’m no health expert. I’m just a girl who loves to eat and just trying to fit my old clothes back again because I am running out of clothes to wear anymore. Also I want to mention that I used to weigh 44kg and after a year I don’t know what happened (oh yes you do!) but I gained 10 effin kilos. From being 44kg I weigh 54kg now and sometimes after a lovely friday brunch it would go up to 56 kg. And before I forget, you also need to know that this is just a crash diet. It’s not something you can do on a long term basis.
The First Step
The first step to this diet is to weigh yourself first so that you know you can compare by the end of this diet if there’s any difference to all your efforts.
So yeah this is my weight before I tried The Military Diet
(A whopping 55.6 kg! Oh Hardee’s and KFC, what have you done to me?!)
The Second Step
Time to go grocery shopping. But first, check your kitchen first if you have any of the below food listed below, that way you wouldn’t spend too much. Here’s the list:
2 Cans of Tuna: I chose the brand RIO MARE which is available in Carrefour or Spinney’s because it doesn’t smell too fishy because most of the time I’m gonna eat it in the office.
1 Pc. of Grapefruit
Brown Bread (or wholemeal if you like it doesn’t matter)
Green Beans (string or snap will do)
Chicken Meat (Breast part)
Sausages (preferrably not the processed ones)
Vanilla Ice Cream
Breakfast (Half a Grapefruit, Green tea (or coffee) and a slice of brown bread with 2 tbsp. of peanut butter)
It was actually ok. I like peanut butter so it wasn’t dreadful at all. Everything feels normal as usual. I didn’t feel hungry until 1pm.
Lunch (Brown bread with 1 tbsp. of peanut butter, 1 can of tuna and water)
I actually cheated a bit here because you’re not supposed to put peanut butter on your bread but I did because it’s too boring :(. Everything is alright until around 3:30 I was craving for sweets. Also, I feel hungry. I just drank a lot of water to curb my hunger. YES, WATER IS YOUR BESTFRIEND on this diet.
Dinner (1 cup of green beans stir fried with no seasoning, 1/4 chicken breast fried with a little bit of salt and pepper, 1 small apple, 1/2 banana, water and 1 cup of full fat vanilla ice cream)
Finally! The only thing that I’ve been looking forward on this diet is the vanilla ice cream :P. I like this dinner and this is probably the best dinner I ever had during the scope of this whole military diet. Weird thing though is that I feel so full afterwards and my whole body is ready to fall asleep after eating. I couldn’t do anything else! Why is it that during lunch I ate very small amount and then for dinner i’m supposed to eat a lot? Aren’t we supposed to follow the golden rule of eating: “Eat Breakfast Like a King, Lunch Like a Prince, and Dinner Like a Pauper” ???
Day 2 (brown bread, half banana, fried egg with a little bit of salt)
I guess because I fell asleep early on day 1 , I felt good the next day. Anyway that’s when I realised that I needed that sleep because I’m not supposed to drink coffee or tea on day 2 so thanks for that heavy meal the previous night. This breakfast was nice but I was still craving for tea or coffee but all thanks to self-control I managed without it. I drank a lot of water just to make me forget the lack of caffeine on this day.
Lunch ( 6-8 small pcs. of crackers (5pcs. if saltine), 1 boiled egg and 1 cup cottage cheese)
Although I thought it’s gonna be awful, this lunch was kinda ok to me. I just dipped the crackers into the cottage cheese and twas all good. I just didn’t feel full though. I was so hungry by around 3PM
Dinner (1 cup stir fried green beans in extra virgin olive oil with no seasoning (this is supposed to be broccoli but I couldnt find it anywhere so green beans it is + half of a carrot (raw), half banana, 1 cup vanilla ice cream and 2 pcs. sausage, this is homemade embutido since i rarely eat processed food)
Oh btw, I think it’s worth mentioning that I pooped so peacefully this day.
Breakfast ( 1 small apple, 1 slice cheddar cheese, crackers and green tea (i’m not supposed to have green tea or any caffeine but I just feel to sleepy so sorry i just cant plus i noticed it really helps on my digestion (e.g. i don’t feel bloated)
Lunch (1 Boiled Egg and 1 slice of brown Bread)
Wow. The most boring lunch of all time! Obviously I didn’t enjoy it most especially when my officemates ordered Pizza! By 6pm I was so hungry I want to eat literally anything. On my way home, I was on the verge of buying french fries but good thing I was able to control my self. I guess it’s not called the “Military” diet for nothing. You really need a lot of self discipline to follow the diet.
Dinner (1 cup of tuna, 1 cup of vanilla ice cream and 1/2 banana)
I felt a bit of relief after eating this dinner because it’s the last day of this military diet. I felt good not because I was eating lesser amount of what I used to eat but because I was able to overcome my bad habits like overeating, eating loads of junk food like chips and sugary drinks throughout the past 3 days. Then I realized, if I can do it for 3 days why can’t I do it everyday? I guess it’s just a matter of SELF-DISCIPLINE.
So you’re maybe wondering about the result of the diet? Did I lose weight?
Just to remind you, if you’ll go back to the top of this post, before I started the diet I was 55.6 kg and after 3 days, this is how I weigh:
So yes I lost about 2 kilos. Will I do this diet again? The answer is NO. To be honest, I don’t feel it’s healthy at all. haha. And I didn’t enjoy it. But I’m still glad that I did this diet because I’ve managed to learn a lot of things like the ones below:
1. Self Discipline is key. I’ll be honest. I’m the type of person who eats more than what I should eat. Whenever I did something great, what do I get myself as a reward? FOOD… which I think is pretty bad because I know although my brain keeps on telling me that I deserve to eat whatever I want as a reward for doing hard work, my body always suffers. You can reward yourself through other options instead like maybe a SPA, a massage or maybe, some underwear shopping at LaSenza, or maybe even getting that scented candle that you’ve been eyeing for? 🙂
2. I became more aware of what I eat and how much calories are in it. I’m telling you I hated burgers and pizzas after doing this diet. No kidding. Whenever I pass by on the foodcourt (because I live really close to the mall), I feel somehow disgusted. But yeah from time to time I still crave them though but whenever that happens I go back to my no.1 mantra (Self-Discipline is key).
3. Dieting doesn’t have to be boring. After doing this diet, apparently I started to love Pinterest more. Whenever I have free time I try to pin healthy and easy recipes that I like.
4. The crash diet made me want to sign up for the gym. Because I wanted to lose weight so quickly, after doing this I immediately went to the gym and started doing some training. 🙂
5. Drinking lots of water a day plays a vital role on weight loss. I really think this is the reason why I always poop easily during this diet. Water apparently helps on your digestion and it obviously makes you full through the day so you don’t keep on getting hungry.
5. There’s no quick way to lose weight. Well unless you’re willing to go under the knife then you can say there is. I just tell myself everyday that there’s no easy and quick way to do it but a balanced diet and some exercise will be really helpful and eventually you’ll get there!